tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Al eeeewq <eee...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6.0.29 webdav servlet support for file uploading with browser
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:21:26 GMT

Let me try to explain my question again.
Im not having problem with the webdav support which you get from tomcat. The only problem
is that it is a servlet which handles request correctly for webdav client. It provides both
upload of files, download of files and also deletion of files.
The problem is that I am missing a JSP for it. So what happens is that when I browse in to
the repository with a browser then the only option I got is traversing in the repository and
also make downloads.
What I would like to have is a jsp which would work as a front end for browsers. I should
provide deletion, uploading, download and also traversing around in the repository.
That is what I am missing and I just got the feeling that some one else already built this
jsp and have made in downloadable for the general public.
I have googled for it but did not find anything. I have just found full blown CMS systems
as jackrabbit and others which I do not want!

Regard from a Java Programmer!

> Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:28:21 +0100
> From: aw@ice-sa.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: tomcat 6.0.29 webdav servlet support for file uploading with browser
>
> Al eeeewq wrote:
> > I started the tomcat webdav servlet and everything works fine.
> > I can both explore and write to the directory with a webdav client as 'DAV explorer'.
> > However when using a browser as firefox or chrome I could explore the directory
and download as usual, but I don't know how I would be able to upload a file. There's really
no upload button or so!

> > Does anyone know why it's like this and how to fix this? I sure someones already
configured this for them selves!

> > I have been using microsoft server earlier and when browsing in to their webdav
repository with a browser had the upload file feature enabled!