tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pant, Ashish" <Ashish.P...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject RE: verboseGC output on tomcat runing as a service
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:56:22 GMT
I added -verbose:gc and also -Xloggc:logs/<log_file_location> in the java options area
but no joy :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 4:37 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: verboseGC output on tomcat runing as a service

> From: Pant, Ashish [mailto:Ashish.Pant@LibertyMutual.com]
> Subject: verboseGC output on tomcat runing as a service

> We are running tomcat as a windows service. Tomcat version 6.x running
> on windows 2003 sp2. I would like to get the verboseGC logs. I would
> like to know where in do I put in the parameter so that I can get a
> verboseGC output

Along with -verbose:gc, specify -Xloggc:logs/<log_file_location> in the Java Options
area on the tomcat6w.exe Java tab.  You probably don't want all that GC stuff in stdout_xxxxxx.log
or stderr_xxxxxx.log.  (Despite what the other respondent said, there is no catalina.out file
generated on Windows.)

 - Chuck