tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: deploying a war file and starting the application
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:12:23 GMT
I understand the issues and recommendations being made. But, possibly a little more detail
in the app is needed.

The web pages provided with the app are static and created in English. Upon starting the web
app new pages are created that are language based. When deployed the war is always exploded
so that access to the scripts, styles, pages, etc. is available to the web app to make new
ones and or modify existing ones.

Data for the web pages is provided by means of web services where the client browser IE/Firefox
makes calls to web services for data (loading/saving) and business logic.

Currently the same WAR produced by Ant build script is used in Websphere 7 and WebLogic 11g
without issue or modifications needed.

We have a customer that has asked me to support Tomcat (assume the cost of Webshere/Weblogic
is an issue).

Having provide a brief description of system. I have tried the following.

I have modified the InitServlet class (removed everything). The following is the complete
code of InitServlet

package com.surecomp.allMATCH.client;

import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.ServletInputStream;

public class InitServlet extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet implements javax.servlet.Servlet

public void destroy() {

I have compiled it and placed the class file into C:\Downloads\tomcat-7\apache-tomcat-7.0.6\webapps\allMATCHWeb\WEB-INF\classes\com\surecomp\allMATCH\client
and I expected to see the System.out.println either on the screen or in some log file. I do
not see it anywhere.

Robert Jenkin
Surecomp Services, Inc.
2 Hudson Place, 4th Floor