tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Beckey <>
Subject FIPS mode OpenSSL under Tomcat 6.0
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 21:24:24 GMT
I need to run a FIPS 140-2 certified SSL/TLS implementation under Tomcat 6.0.20.  I have OpenSSL
configured and running but I cannot find a way to set FIPS mode in OpenSSL.
From the OpenSSL documentation it should be as simple as making a call to FIPS_mode_set(),
probably from within the AprLifecycleListener but I can't find a configuration option nor
any indication that FIPS_mode_set() method is visible in the tcnative library or JNI wrapper.
Question is, has anyone run OpenSSL under Tomcat in FIPS mode?
Any help would be appreciated.
I did find documentation on running JSSE in FIPS mode, but not OpenSSL.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message