tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ilya goberman <gober...@msn.com>
Subject RE: How to disable chunked encoding for the Http11NioProtocol connector.
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:27:44 GMT

I think what was suggested before is to control this behavior by setting "keepAlive" setting.
I would not think this is the right way.

I would still want to preserve "keepAlive" functiojnality for all other requests except "long
running comet response". So if it is request for a web page, using keepAlive is fine.
Now in order to disable chunked encoding for a particular response, I would propose that a
developer would set "Connection:close" header. Using connection "close" implies that closing
the connection indicates the end of response and chunked encoding is not necessary in this
case.