tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with overriding parameters via context.xml
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:10:37 GMT
Chuck,

Thanks for your quick response. I have tried placing the context.xml file in
the location you suggested and no change.

I didn't mention in m original post, but our context.xml also contains
resource definitions to connect to the database/smtp server. These settings
are being picked up fine - its just the parameters that seem to have changed
behaviour moving from 6.0.29 to 6.0.30

Thanks

Chris

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: cjderham@gmail.com [mailto:cjderham@gmail.com] On Behalf Of chris
> derham
> > Subject: Problem with overriding parameters via context.xml
>
> > So I create a context.xml file in catalina_base\conf\context.xml
> > containing the following
>
> That could be a problem.  The context.xml file in the conf directory is the
> global one, containing the default settings for _all_ webapps.  It would be
> better (perhaps required) to place the specific attributes in the <Context>
> element for the webapp of interest, either in the webapp's
> META-INF/context.xml file, or in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.
>
>  - Chuck
>
>
> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received
> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
> attachments from all computers.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message