tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harsimranjit singh Kler <simran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat(5.5) Clustering and Load Balancing.
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:40:43 GMT
Hi

Here is details:

*Tomcat version*: 5.5.27
*OS*:Window XP
*JDK*:1.6
*Environment Trying to Create* :Load balancing and Clustering on single
Machine using tomcat instances only(balancer Feature) .

*What i have Achieved*:i am running 4 instances of tomcat on ports
8080,9080,10080,11080.So port 8080 tomcat work as balancer and other works
as cluster.(Using Multicasting IP and Port {check server.xml} it works
fine).
attached find server.xml,web.xml,rule.xml of balancer tomcat(8080).

So using  balancer feature in tomcat and rule.xml and some customized
classes requests are successfully redirected to one of cluster ie 9080,10080
or 11080 instance.

*Issue*:when request redirected from tomcat balancer(on 8080 port) to any
cluster (tomcat instance on 9080,10080 or 11080 port) URL in address bar
also changed. i dont want to display cluster URL.So how i can achive this?.

i think "org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter"  class internally use
SendRedirect() method .

I tried with requestDispatcher..Forward() but it accept only realtive
address.

so please suggest me

Thanks in advance

Regards