tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Exception running precompiled JSP
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:23:41 GMT
2011/1/22 Christopher Schultz <>:
>    <c:forEach var="num" items="{1,2,3,4}">

The above will produce four strings, "{1", "2", "3" and "4}". There is
c:forTokens to explicitly iterate over a string.

> When I invoke the JSP from my web browser, I get the runtime error whose
> full stack trace is at the end of this post.
> Basically, the error is this:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspSourceDependent
> I checked, and that class can be found in CATALINA_BASE/lib/jasper.jar.
> There are no instructions in
> that suggest
> that jasper.jar needs to be copied into the webapp's WEB-INF/lib
> directory, and that seems dangerous anyway.

You are right, you should not copy it to webapp.

I have not tried to reproduce/debug your case, but it looks like a bug to me.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: