tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing context information remotely - Context.getAvailable() etc.
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 16:07:25 GMT
2011/1/8 ziggy25@gmail.com <ziggy25@gmail.com>:
> Yes I guess you are right that launching the jmx every minute could be expensive resourcewise...
i am wondering whether it will be less expensive if I just start a thread and same it up every
minute... this way the jmx engine will only be started once...

One more word of caution:
JMX is effectively a low-level administrative interface. We compare it
to the "root" access sometimes. There are little (or no) barriers from
abusing it.

Thus, if you allow external access through JMX, this access should be
controlled and secured.

(I am sure that that is written somewhere on how to do that. It is not
a Tomcat-specific issue. Though I do not have a link ready.)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko