tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat admin undeploys a web service
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 23:17:51 GMT
2011/1/8 Robin Capone <rcapone@centonline.com>:
> I have a web service that gets undeployed when I
> start tomcat administration.  I have to restart Tomcat
> and redeploy the service.
>
> I'm running Tomcat 5.0 on a win2003 server. The service
> runs without problems...until admin is started. Has anyone
> experienced this?

I guess that you are opening the Manager webapp (which you call
"admin" here) using a bookmark, and the URL in your bookmark is wrong.

I.e., instead of executing the "List Applications" command (the
default one), you are performing an "Undeploy".

Check, whether you have "/undeploy" in your URL.

Anyway, you should not use Tomcat 5.0 nowadays.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko