tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "The Geek ..." <g...@sogeeky.net>
Subject Can't upload large war to Tomcat 7, worked in Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:21:20 GMT
I recently upgraded to Tomcat 7.0.6 and tried uploading a large war file
(~350MB) through the manager gui webapp.  It failed with the following
exception, but I used to do this just fine under Tomcat 6.  The exception
itself seems clear, but I've googled until my fingers bleed and can't find
any settings I might change to fix this.  Does anyone have any advice?

java.lang.IllegalStateException:
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException:
the request was rejected because its size (362810879) exceeds the configured
maximum (52428800)
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParts(Request.java:2607)
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2816)
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1108)
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameter(RequestFacade.java:384)
org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:162)

Thank you!
-David