tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brett Delle Grazie <brett.dellegra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RemoteIP valve and multiple X-Forwarded-For headers
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:45:06 GMT
Hi,

On 10 December 2010 14:42, Jim Riggs <apache-lists@riggs.me> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>>> Looks like a bug,
>>>
>>> Please add it to bugzilla, as Mark suggested.
>>>
>>> BTW, I think that the following change can fix it:
>>> (for current tc6.0.x, not tested!)
>>
>> I don't think so. I think the problem is further up on line 558:
>> String[] remoteIpHeaderValue =
>> commaDelimitedListToStringArray(request.getHeader(remoteIpHeader));
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that needs to be using request.getHeaders() but I
>> haven't tested it either ;)
>
> It does indeed need to be using the Enumeration from request.getHeaders() instead of
the single value from getHeader().  I have started work on a patch, unless someone beats
me to it...

I've manually compiled 6.0.29 with the patch and applied it to our
test and then production systems (we couldn't wait for 6.0.30).
This works perfectly.

Thank you very much to all who helped.

--
Best Regards,