tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to access tomcat conf dir from my webapp
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:52:39 GMT
String tomcatHomePath = System.getenv("CATALINA_HOME");  // or
CATALINA_BASE, where CATALINA_HOME/CATALINA_BASE is name of
environment variable set to point to tomcat installation home or
instance base
java.io.File tomcatConfDir = new java.io.File(tomcatHomePath, "conf");

Regards,
Stevo.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:15 PM, alexis <alzrck@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, usually i store my custom config files in WEB-INF, but i need now to store a file
(a binary file containing a license for my app) inside the tomcat conf dir. Main purpose for
this is avoid the need to rebuild a war every time i license a different customer.

> So, in this way, application to be deployed is always the same, and i can send the license
file separately that can be read when tomcat starts or app is deployed.