tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amilcar De Leon <>
Subject Re: war app, Tomcat, public IP and port 8080 - remote access
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:14:58 GMT
I have my server configured with a static public IP like (this
is not my real one if you ask).

There is another static public IP that came with the routher which is the
same than the above, except for the last numer (eg I'm
giving this as I don't know if you'd need this info too.

So, on my server, if I type, I can run my app OK.
The same if I try from another computer within the same LAN (connected to
the same router).

When I try to access that same address from another computer out of the LAN
(eg an internet coffee), I get the error "connection time out". But if I
only type I can see a page that says I'm sucessfully
installed tomcat and links to the tomcat manager, tomcat documentation and

An extra note, the first page of my app is a login page, and I can see it if
I use the firefox addon calle Go2proxy, but then when I type the login info
I gen again the connection time out error. Not sure if this is useful
Amílcar de León
"Think Freely" <>