tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 logging clog
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 16:39:16 GMT
2011/1/8 Tim Space <qwertypoi75@hotmail.com>:

> Another problem with this logging situation is that my webapp takes more than two minutes
to load after startup.

That is expected. Logging inside Digester takes a lot of time.

> org.apache.jasper=SEVERE
> org.apache.tomcat.util.file.Matcher=SEVERE
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester=SEVERE

The names are wrong. You missed the ".level" suffix.
The above should have been

org.apache.jasper.level=SEVERE

etc.

> As Konstantin suggested I looked at the catalina.policy file also.  I notice the java
logging.properties file is also mentioned there, but as I showed in my last e-mail, I have
changed the settings in that file also.

Note, that the default log level for every logging category is set by
the following line:

.level= INFO

It should be "INFO" by default and that is set in JRE's
lib/logging.properties.  Note, that it is ".level", starting with a
"." (a dot).  Effectively it is "" (empty string) plus ".level"
suffix.

Please check, that your JRE's logging.properties file is not modified.
(Revert it back to the defaults, if you modified it).

You can explicitly add ".level= INFO" line into your
$CATALINA_BASE\conf\logging.properties

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko