tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Mod_JK inserted header case sensitivity issue
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:11:22 GMT
> From: Jon Forster [mailto:deltawasp@gmail.com]
> Subject: Mod_JK inserted header case sensitivity issue

> the MODJK plugin inserts a Content-Length header using mixed-case ie:
> this is ignored by the webserver core as it's expecting inserted headers
> to be all lower-case

Let me see if I've understood this properly: the iPlanet webserver is not spec-compliant because
it insists that HTTP headers be lower case, and you want the mod_jk plugin to change its spec-compliant
behavior to conform to the obvious design flaw in iPlanet?

How about an alternative solution: eliminate the intermediate web server, or replace it with
one that is spec-compliant (e.g, httpd).

 - Chuck