tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Detected malware in the download of Tomcat 6.0.30
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:52:48 GMT
> From: Barry Kortekaas [mailto:Barry.Kortekaas@swfwmd.state.fl.us]
> Subject: Detected malware in the download of Tomcat 6.0.30

> I am receiving a virus detection in the download of
> apache-tomcat-6.0.30-windows-x64.zip

> Virus total has 3 engines detecting "W32/Nebuler.E.gen!Eldorado" and "Riskware".

I tried it from here:
http://mirror.its.uidaho.edu/pub/

with three of the VT engines claiming to have detected a problem.  Also tried a direct download
from the Apache archives, with the same results.  Since the other 37 engines found nothing,
I'd say those three (CommTouch, F-Prot, K7AntiVirus) are crying wolf.

> Is this a false positive and is the download safe?

Have not heard of anyone reporting an infection after two weeks of availability.

 - Chuck