tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Problem with overriding parameters via context.xml
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:02:33 GMT
> From: cjderham@gmail.com [mailto:cjderham@gmail.com] On Behalf Of chris derham
> Subject: Problem with overriding parameters via context.xml

> So I create a context.xml file in catalina_base\conf\context.xml
> containing the following

That could be a problem.  The context.xml file in the conf directory is the global one, containing
the default settings for _all_ webapps.  It would be better (perhaps required) to place the
specific attributes in the <Context> element for the webapp of interest, either in the
webapp's META-INF/context.xml file, or in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.

 - Chuck