tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Quick Questions on some Tomcat settings
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 02:53:14 GMT
> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.gooding@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Quick Questions on some Tomcat settings

> I have:
> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="proj-name"/>
> and a <Host> defined as:
> <Host name="proj-name" appBase="webapps"
>           unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>           xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> <Alias>proj-name</Alias>
> </Host>

I suggest you undo all that, and put server.xml back the way it was.  What you've done is
not really useful.

> should the appBase be defined as: /webapps/proj-name folder?

Absolutely not.  What you actually need to do is stop Tomcat, restore server.xml, delete Tomcat's
ROOT directory, rename webapps/proj-name to webapps/ROOT (case matters), and restart Tomcat.
 That will make your webapp the default one.  (If you want to keep Tomcat's home page for
some reason, just rename the original ROOT directory to something else rather than deleting
it.)

 - Chuck