tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Setting up JMX crashes Tomcat 6
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:09:40 GMT
> From: Nate Woodward [mailto:nate.woodward@the-connection.com]
> Subject: Setting up JMX crashes Tomcat 6

> I'm trying to set up JMX on tomcat 6.0.19.

Consider moving up to a version that was actually released - 6.0.19 never made it out the
door.

> I've added this line to CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat6.conf:

No such file exists in a standard Tomcat distribution.

Since neither of your two statements above is believable, you might want to start over with
a clean install of a fresh download of Tomcat.  If the problem persists, tell us the JVM version
you're using, the platform you're running on, and how you start Tomcat.  Posting your entire
server.xml (with comments removed and passwords obfuscated) would also be helpful.

 - Chuck