tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat uses more and more PermGen space
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:31:06 GMT
> From: Mikolaj Rydzewski [mailto:miki@ceti.pl]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat uses more and more PermGen space

> I thought, that PermGen data cannot be garbage collected...

I don't know what idiot started that rumor, but it has never been true - unless you change
the GC settings to utilize one of the optional collectors and fail to enable class collection
at the same time.

You didn't mention any GC-related settings you have for the JVM; posting those would be of
interest.

 - Chuck