tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Where does my stderr go?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:16:31 GMT
I've noticed that stderr is almost always empty on Windows, unless you get an OOM error.  That
will show up there.
Could it possibly be getting routed to another log file? Or eaten by the JVM?  Is this one
of those swalloutOutput instances?
Someone else might be able to answer.

From: Thomas Kloeber [mailto:kloeber@ics.de]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 9:11 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Re: Where does my stderr go?

Jeffrey Janner wrote on 07.01.2011 16:00:
You assumption in the original post is wrong.
okay, I thought I'd seen something like what I assumed...

So it brings me back to my original question of this thread: where does my stderr go, if it
does not appear in the stderr_XXX.log?
Anybody?

Some additional info, which I just saw and which looks strange to me:

the stdout_XXX.log doesn't change it's date.

That is to say that I have stdout_20101221.log which also contains log

entries from today, 12-22. I was under the impression that Tomcat

automatically closes the file at midnight and creates a new one with the

appr. date...

--

Intelligent Communication Software Vertriebs GmbH

Firmensitz: Kistlerhof Str. 111, 81379 München

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 88283

Geschäftsführer: Albert Fuss

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.