tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amol Puglia <amolcpug...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Process going high even after restart of backend server tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:06:44 GMT
Hello Andre Warnier,

Thanks for the response. I am talking about apache web server whose process count is increasiing
to 259 and not coming down. I would like to know why process count is increasing and not coming
down. Please help me to toublleshoot this issue.Let em know in case you need further information.

--- On Tue, 1/11/11, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

From: André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: Apache Process going high even after restart of backend server tomcat
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 6:21 PM

Amol Puglia wrote:
> Hello Andre Warnier,
>
> Thanks for the response. My main problem is apache process is increasing very fast and
reaching to count 259 thereby bringing donw application.

> For that i took thread dump also and tried to analyze but unable to find out what is
causing the issue.

> I have also posted some part of thread dump in another post.
>
> I would liek to know why apache process is going so high in just 15 minuted and not coming
down.

Amol,
in this context the name "Apache" is confusing.
There are 2 different packages, or "servers" : "Apache httpd" (a webserver, which can function
as a front-end, using the mod_jk add-on module), and "Apache Tomcat", which is a Java servlet
engine (and also, confusingly, a webserver).
Both can have threads.

So what we would like to know first, is : which server are you talking about when you say
"apache process is increasing very fast and reaching to count 259" ?

What is reaching "count 259" and how do you see that ?