tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <david.sm...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: war app, Tomcat, public IP and port 8080 - remote access
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:35:08 GMT
This smells like a router/firewall issue and it only looks like the top
level page at 211.210.19.11:8080 works.  Some browsers (IE) offer the
cached copy when it runs into trouble loading a page fresh.  When you do
get tomcat home page from your server at an internet cafe, try holding
the shift key and reloading.  This forces most browsers to throw out
cached versions of pages and redownload.  I'm wiling to bet it fails to
load.

Oh yes .. and as someone else said, don't use go2 proxy while testing.
Disable it until you have the problem worked out.

--David