tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: war app, Tomcat, public IP and port 8080 - remote access
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:26:47 GMT
On 28.1.2011 23:14, Amilcar De Leon wrote:
> So, on my server, if I type, 211.210.19.11:8080/myAPP I can run my app OK.
> The same if I try from another computer within the same LAN (connected to
> the same router).

Your webapp seems to be working just fine.

> When I try to access that same address from another computer out of the LAN
> (eg an internet coffee), I get the error "connection time out". But if I
> only type 211.210.19.11:8080 I can see a page that says I'm sucessfully
> installed tomcat and links to the tomcat manager, tomcat documentation and
> others.
>
> An extra note, the first page of my app is a login page, and I can see it if
> I use the firefox addon calle Go2proxy, but then when I type the login info
> I gen again the connection time out error. Not sure if this is useful

What you describe indicates like you have a network problems. Login page
and Tomcat home are maybe cached, but I cannot say for sure. Try to turn
off Go2Proxy, and to clear Firefox cache. Then try to browse Tomcat
examples, or try to login to Tomcat manager application. What happens?

Also probe your Tomcat port directly from command like with:

   telnet 211.210.19.11 8080

What happens? Do you get a blank screen (success) or you get "Connect
failed" message?

-Ognjen