tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: java-process blocks cpu core to 100%
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:31:56 GMT

On 1/28/2011 9:16 AM, Christoph Balthaus wrote:
> Sorry, not possible - it's running on a remote machine where I can just use
> the ibm package and in theirs JDK jstack is not included.
> Are there any other ways to get it via network?

You could use JConsole remotely, but you need to have remote JMX
configured for the JVM which would probably require a JVM restart. You
can also send the process the SIGQUIT and it will emit a thread dump to
stdout. If you don't have shell access, that might be difficult, too.

This might be a good time to start testing a new Tomcat release for your
environment: 6.0.18 is more than 2 years old and many performance and
security fixes have gone into Tomcat since then. Warning: the NIO
connector appears to be broken in 6.0.30 and looks like it will be in
6.0.31. Consider using 6.0.29 or waiting for 6.0.32 if you are using the
NIO connector.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -