tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Helgren <p...@valadd.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2008
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:23:59 GMT
I can't quite figure out what the issue is here but perhaps someone who
is running Tomcat 5.5 on Windows server 2008 can weigh in.  I have
installed Tomcat 5.5 on a Windows Server 2008 64 bit OS.  Everything
seemed to install correctly.  I was able to bring up the site on
localhost:8080 and on ServerName:8080 but, curiously, couldn't bring it
up on the IP Address of the server itself 192.168.1.200:8080

I didn't think much of it and told the customer that they should be able
to access the site with either the internal IP or the internal DNS name
(the site in an Intranet site).  Turns out that the site CANNOT be
accessed from anywhere BUT the server itself.  The firewall is NOT
running and IIS is running.  Tomcat is not running behind IIS.

Shouldn't I be able to access Tomcat running on the server from anywhere
on the internal network?  The tech I have been working with swears that
there is no firewall running anywhere.  This is a new installation.  I
have had no issues on Windows 2003 so I suspect this is unique to 2008
but for all my searching of the Internet, I haven't found a solution.
Anyone seen this before?   I *suspect* that IIS is somehow controlling
all http traffic, regardless of port but I can't seem to find any hard
evidence of this.

Suggestions?  I am at a loss.

--
Pete Helgren