tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Can't upload large war to Tomcat 7, worked in Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:45:02 GMT
The Geek ... wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Tomcat 7.0.6 and tried uploading a large war file
> (~350MB) through the manager gui webapp.  It failed with the following
> exception, but I used to do this just fine under Tomcat 6.  The exception
> itself seems clear, but I've googled until my fingers bleed and can't find
> any settings I might change to fix this.  Does anyone have any advice?
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException:
> the request was rejected because its size (362810879) exceeds the configured
> maximum (52428800)
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParts(Request.java:2607)
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2816)
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1108)
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameter(RequestFacade.java:384)
> org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:162)

You are right, it is hard to find.  Google for
"org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase" helps however.

Try this one first : <Connector> attribute maxPostSize.

Then you could have a look here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/fileupload/FileUploadBase.html#setSizeMax%28long%29

if that helps.
But as far as I see there, the default is -1, meaning unlimited.

But, don't despair, I see this somewhere :
$Id: FileUploadBase.java 1001939 2010-09-27 22:29:30Z markt $

so if he is around, the real answer may be coming soon.

By the way, 350 MB is not bad for a webapp.  And that is zipped, so how do you manage that
?