tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Dedicated thread for Tomcat Manager
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:02:08 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Dedicated thread for Tomcat Manager
>
>> My opinion was not asked, but I would tend to say that the
>> solution with a separate Connector sounds so evidently simple
>> in the principle (once it has been pointed out by the clever
>> guy) that it ought to win this hands down.
>
> The only caveat is that there's a *lot* more information available via JMX, if you need
it and want to spend the effort to dig it out.  The appropriate solution depends on the site
requirements.

Sure.  But don't be overly modest now.  The original question was about keeping the
Tomcat Manager application accessible even when all the application threads are busy, and

I think that the separate Connector answers that perfectly.