tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Process going high even after restart of backend server tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:13:27 GMT
On 11/01/2011 13:06, Amol Puglia wrote:
> Hello Andre Warnier,
>
> Thanks for the response. I am talking about apache web server whose process count is
increasiing to 259 and not coming down. I would like to know why process count is increasing
and not coming down. Please help me to toublleshoot this issue.Let em know in case you need
further information.

Then you are on the wrong list. You should be using the httpd users
mailing list.

Mark

and reaching to count 259 thereby bringing donw application.

>> For that i took thread dump also and tried to analyze but unable to find out what
is causing the issue.

>> I have also posted some part of thread dump in another post.
>>
>> I would liek to know why apache process is going so high in just 15 minuted and not
coming down.

> Amol,
> in this context the name "Apache" is confusing.
> There are 2 different packages, or "servers" : "Apache httpd" (a webserver, which can
function as a front-end, using the mod_jk add-on module), and "Apache Tomcat", which is a
Java servlet engine (and also, confusingly, a webserver).
> Both can have threads.
>
> So what we would like to know first, is : which server are you talking about when you
say "apache process is increasing very fast and reaching to count 259" ?