tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Need to create a new thread for async operations
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 20:29:02 GMT
On 01/09/2011 09:30 PM, Captain Cid wrote:
> I have moved the thread creation to constructor of a class which is
> instantiated by spring.
>
> Can you elaborate how to spawn thread in it using
> javax.servlet.ServletContextListener ?

As for ServlerContextListener, please have a look:
http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=servletcontextlistener+example

... there are of course some other things you might be tripping over,
but unfortunately you didn't tell where it is you're having problems,
so you're asking us to do the guesswork.

With the above, you should now have
- a working ServletContextListener implementation
- your Spring-initialized class that can create threads

What appears to be missing here is the bridge between the two,
where a Google search with two very intuitive keywords concerning
your issue should bring you very close to the solution.
--
..Juha