tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat and HTTP chunk extensions
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:58:55 GMT
On 05/01/2011 14:52, EOIN MCQUILLAN wrote:
> Mark - maybe I am pushing the boundaries with what I am doing here however given
> the HTTP RFC provides us with a chunk extension capability then I would have
> assumed there would exist an set of API calls within Tomcat that allow us to
> read/write a chunk extension?

Your assumption is wrong. There is no such API.

The HTTP protocol does not allow for client/server during a
request/response. The client sends a request message, the server replies
with a response message. That is all you have to work with.

To repeat what I wrote before. Chunking is a transfer encoding. It
applies *per link*, not end to end.

Mark