tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and HTTP chunk extensions
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:16:08 GMT
EOIN MCQUILLAN wrote:
> Hi,
>      I'm looking at extending a web application we have so as HTTP POSTs sent to
> it will contain information in the form of chunk extensions. In addition on
> reply to these POST requests I would like to write a chunk extension back to the
> caller.
>     Is there anything in the API which would allow me to a) extract the
> extension from the request b) add detail in the form of a chunk extension to the
> reply?
>     I have been looking at online documentation and all I can find at present is
> that Tomcat looks like it supports reading chunk extensions but I can see
> nothing about being able to write chunk extensions or access the detail from a
> chunk extension.
>    I am using version 6.0.29. If anyone has any ideas or links on this topic it
> would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.
I have never heard of the term "chunk extension" before in a HTTP context.
Are you sure that this is the right term for what you are trying to find, or achieve ?

Maybe that is why you are not finding any information ?

Maybe you talking about a POST in "multipart/form-data" format ?
(and a response in a similar multi-part kind of format, although that would cause problems

with most browsers)