tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 with mod_jk
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:36:24 GMT
Hi,

On 04.01.2011 13:27, mario@geosar.ch wrote:
> Hello,
> why I get this error:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig
>
> with tomcat6 this worked:
> <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so"
> workersConfig="/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties"/>
>
> Is changend something in tomcat7

That listener was only used to generate automatic mod_jk configurations
from Tomcat deployments. After starting Tomcat the config was written
out and you had to manually copy it into your Apache/mod_jk installation.

The config which was generated that way never was really production
ready. It worked, but not more. Therefore the use of this listener is
not recommended and at least I think it is OK if it is no longer working
with TC 7.

For a good starting point for a production configurations of mod_jk have
a look at the exampe configuration contained in the source tarball of
mod_jk version 1.2.31.

Regards,

Rainer