tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barry Kortekaas <Barry.Kortek...@swfwmd.state.fl.us>
Subject Detected malware in the download of Tomcat 6.0.30
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:07:21 GMT
I am receiving a virus detection in the download of apache-tomcat-6.0.30-windows-x64.zip (MD5
- 03416951ad4094d1f0de1c55cf9180c1) from different mirrors.

www.takeyellow.com<http://www.takeyellow.com>
www.eng.lsu.edu<http://www.eng.lsu.edu>
mirrors.devlib.org
apache.ziply.com
www.reverse.net<http://www.reverse.net>

Virus total has 3 engines detecting "W32/Nebuler.E.gen!Eldorado" and "Riskware".

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=12dcd961346fc39ee6287bf819d2f7267b0698a7d95df35c0da53aa4853e04a8-1296130008

               I have run the download through Vipre (defs 8212) and ESET NOD32 (defs 5823)
but received no detections.  Is this a false positive and is the download safe?

Kind regards,

--
Barry Kortekaas, CISM, CISSP | Southwest Florida Water Management District
(352)796-7211 x4184 | http://watermatters.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record and archived.
 The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow use of District equipment
and E-mail facilities for non-District business purposes.