tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Captain Cid <captain_...@indiatimes.com>
Subject Need to create a new thread for async operations
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:27:48 GMT

I am having a CXF webservice impl class. In this I want to start a new thread
in service impl constructor. This is because I need to run a thread will
continuously do some operation in background using database. And I need to
be able to stop it when tomcat is shutdown.

I was searching net. Found that it can be done using executor etc. But still
I am unable to find it. Any help appreciated.