tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Tomcat uses more and more PermGen space
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 13:48:48 GMT

 Hi all,

 While investigating OOM issue I discovered, that Tomcat instantly uses
 more and more PermGen space.
 At this moment I have access to one environemnt only, this is:

 Windows XP
 Java 1.6.0_22
 Vanilla Tomcat 6.0.21

 I use jconsole to monitor PermGen space and I can observe that it
 slowly increases. There are no other webapps deployed, nor any requests
 to tomcat. Is it normal?

 I started to look at this, because customer reported, that with his
 setup, PermGen doubled its size within 3 hours! He runs lambda probe
 webapp and another webapp which makes heavy use of XStream library. I
 googled and found that there are reports related to XStream and PermGen
 issues.

 I wonder if anyone encountered anything similiar?

--
 Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>