tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: Apache Process going high even after restart of backend server tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:55:08 GMT
In 'the other thread' there is still the question open of why there is Thread.sleep() in the
MuxServlet. Can be a reason for a lot of open connections in the httpd server.

But until there is more information about the problem I don't have anything to add to this
discussion anymore.

Ronald.

Op dinsdag, 11 januari 2011 14:23 schreef "André Warnier" <aw@ice-sa.com>:

> Amol Puglia wrote:
> > Hello Andre Warnier,
> >
> > Thanks for the response. I am talking about apache web server whose process count
is increasiing to 259 and not coming down. I would like to know why process count is increasing
and not coming down. Please help me to toublleshoot this issue.Let em know in case you need
further information.

> I am extremely tempted to answer that if the problem is at the Apache httpd server level,
then it is not our problem on this list.  We deal only with Tomcat.

> But someone else already answered that apparently.
> So I'll make another effort.
>
> To answer your question : we don't know.  There can be a million reasons.
> Some of these reasons can have to do with the back-end Tomcat, but that is only a possibility.
It may have nothing to do with Tomcat at all.

> One possibility is that there are just many user requests coming in to your Apache httpd
server, and it is not fast enough to handle the load.