tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ing. Etienne V. Depasquale" <ed...@ieee.org>
Subject Valid values for digestEncoding attribute?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:01:36 GMT
I beg pardon...I should have included the following extract from my
context.xml file (with placeholders for database, user and password):

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
      driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<databasename>?user=<username>&am
p;password=<userpassword>"
       userTable="users" userNameCol="id" userCredCol="passwd"
   userRoleTable="userroles" roleNameCol="role" digest="MD5"
digestEncoding="base64" />

base64 is being rejected as a value for the digestEncoding attribute.

Cheers,

Etienne

Good day,

I am unable to identify valid values for the digestEncoding attribute to use
with the <Realm> tag of my app's context.xml file.

I've inspected RealmBase.java and JDBCRealm.java, apart from some googling,
without finding anything suitable.

Can anyone suggest a suitable reference?

Cheers,

Etienne