tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject Security container behavior toward .js file reference
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:16:49 GMT
Hi Tomcat users,

I'm experiencing (what I think is) a weird problem regarding a javascript reference file when
accessed across the security container.

For several years, I've had some manual breadcrumb links written in each separate JSP file.
So I thought I'd more easily consolidate into a .js file and just reference the link in each
page that way.
e.g.   <script language="javascript" src="myapp_breadcrumb.js"></script>

It now prompts me if I want to save it (in IE) or in Firefox tries to display the javascript
contents.

To me this is odd because I already have a .js reference that's been in there for several
years, and the container never balked at that.

I'm not altogether positive, but perhaps it's the fact that I used some document.write methods
to write them into the file? Although I wouldn't think that would really be any different,
but this is puzzling behavior to me.

Anyway, if anyone knows why this might be happening, I welcome any feedback.

If you're thinking this isn't Tomcat-related, it's HTML/JavaScript related, well, it works
fine on the non-protected area from the container.
It's when logging on that it suddenly gets flagged. Another weird issue, to me, is that initially
in Firefox it tried to display the .js file reference in the browser.

But if I just type over the .js file in the web browser and key in the intended page, sans
URL parameters of any kind, it gets there fine and displays the content as intended.

Thanks,

Barry