tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: Tomcat uses more and more PermGen space
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:13:06 GMT

 On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:02:20 +0000, Pid <pid@pidster.com> wrote:

>> Windows XP
>> Java 1.6.0_22
>> Vanilla Tomcat 6.0.21
>
> Are you sure it's 6.0.21?  This version was not released.
>
> If you're using it in production you know what I'm going to suggest
> you
> do, right?

 I misread console logs. Tomcat version is 6.0.29. It runs on JDK
 6.0_21. I used apache-tomcat-6.0.29.exe installer bundled by apache
 team.

>> I use jconsole to monitor PermGen space and I can observe that it
>> slowly
>> increases. There are no other webapps deployed, nor any requests to
>> tomcat. Is it normal?
>
> So Tomcat, with no webapps, uses more PermGen over time?

 Yes.

> This would be a different issue than if your 6.0.21 has no apps
> installed.

 I have no access to production environment now. I wanted to check
 whether lambda webapp causes problem or no. PermGen was increasing faste
 with lambda deployed, but it does still increase with no webapps!

--
 Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>