tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject Re: IS that a good idea moving all the common libs?
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:07:40 GMT
On Dec 20, 2010, at 12:16, "Luca Gervasi" <tomcat@ashetic.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to lower the permgen needed by a large amount of webapps
> moving all the commonly used libs to the tomcat common libs.

That's a really, really bad idea. You would be intertwining all your webapps, potentially
introducing object leaks across webapps, and creating insurmountable versioning issues. You'd
also require a complete Tomcat restart to update any single webapp.

Webapps are intended to be independent; don't make your life miserable by tying them all together.
If you need more PermGen space, configure it. If you've got memory leaks, fix them.

 - Chuck