tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "K J.Sreekumar" <k.j.sreeku...@comprotechnologies.com>
Subject Tomcat stops responding
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:52:41 GMT
Hello All,

We are hitting on a weird problem with tomcat 6 production server (which is
a serious concern for us now). Hoping to get help from the you guys

This is the problem -

   1. Our tomcat 6 server (version 6.0.29) does not respond after working
   for a couple of days. Browsers are unable to find application URLs (which
   were previously processed normally).
   2. The logs does not show any error.
   3. There are only a total of 50-60 threads in the thread dump, mostly in
   WAIT state. Also, it does not show any BLOCKING or LOCKED threads.
   4. Memory utilization was 400MB only
   5. TOMCAT restart does not fix the problem. The machine needs to be
   restarted to resume normal operation.
   6. Netstat did not reveal any extraneous connections

We are running Tomcat 6.0.29 on the following platform -

OS: Windows server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2
Hardware: Intel Xeon L5520 2.27 GHz (16 CPU threads )

The server.xml we are using has been attached with this mail.

Have anybody here faced similar issue before ?
Please help !

Regards
Sreekumar K.J
www.comprotechnologies.com