tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Wang <bw57...@gmail.com>
Subject Accident: After app in one tomcat is deleted, the same app in another tomcat is disappeared.
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 02:28:49 GMT
Hi All,

Let me explain the situation.

We got running tomcat with application ABC in
/export/home/xyz/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC, applicaiton ABC is deployed by
ABC.war, and owner is xyz

We plan to migrate to /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC, so I install the
second tomcat under /opt/tomcat, owner is tcadmin, Idid the adjust such as
java path, catalina home path or others.

account xyz and tcadmin are in different groups.

Today, with the new tomcat running, I accident delete the war file under
/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat/webapp, then /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC
is disappeared. It is fine, I shouldn't clean war file when the services is
running, then I'd like to copy the folder
/export/home/xyz/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC
to /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC.

Then the strange thing happened. the old
app: /export/home/xyz/apache-tomcat/webapp/ABC is disappeared.

Is it possible? I have checked history, all commands running in both
account: xyz and tcadmin. There is no any rm command running by xyz. So I
need your help to give me the suggestion.

Regards,
Bill