tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: httpd/Tomcat load balancing question
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:06:52 GMT
2010/12/23 Pid <>:
> On 23/12/2010 07:49, André Warnier wrote:
>> Pid * wrote:
>>> <c:url is a JSTL tag which encodes a link.
>> So in clear everyday English, for the benefit of the oppressed minority
>> who does not speak JSTL fluently, the fact of encoding this link in the
>> page as "<c:url something..>" is the reason why Tomcat (roughly
>> speaking) modifies it to add the ";jessionid" bit, yes ?
>> And if one were to remove the "<c:url .." tag from those links, it
>> wouldn't, right ?
>> And if so, why did you say "Fail" above ?
> I was referring to the "Definitely the culprit." statement.
> Fail because encoding the links to static resources is unnecessary.

because it interferes with caching.

But in general sense it also depends on how the static resources are
served by the web application: if you do not encode session id in
those URLs, then access to those resources should not require a
(there should be no filters that require a session, nor authentication

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: