tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com>
Subject Re: troubleshooting getPathInfo in jsp files
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:48:18 GMT
thanks.  I just might :)  I can probably find it on Google, but would you
happen to have the url for the jsr-315 spec?  I still find it incredible
that a 15 year mature unix-originating project in 2010 would still be
demanding CPM/MSDOS filename extensions and not simply using the standard
regex library, or that java servers should be constrained not allow a
hierarchical address space to a universal resource simply because the active
agent in the URI happened to be a script - the supplier of a resource in a
REST environment should be invisible to the resource requester imho, however
it is built under the surface of the request, I think it should just be
/a/path/on/the/web and not a?subject=path&relation=on&article=the&object=web
:)

but yeah, I should take that up with them.