tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Different context path of deployed application
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:13:25 GMT
> From: Petr Prochazka [mailto:pprochazka@gk-software.com]
> Subject: Different context path of deployed application

> I prepared war attendance-0.4.war and I want that will
> be access in context path /attendance.  I create context
> config file attendance-0.4.xml and copy to
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost directory

If you want the context path to be "attendance" then the file containing the <Context>
element must be named "attendance.xml".

> <Context path="/attendance" />

The path attribute is not allowed.

In order to avoid double-deployment, you must place the .war file somewhere other than the
<Host> appBase directory, and use a docBase attribute in your <Context> element
to tell Tomcat where it is.

 - Chuck