tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Setting listings=true on a per context basis
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:36:13 GMT
> From: Fergus McMenemie [mailto:fergus@twig.me.uk]
> Subject: RE: Setting listings=true on a per context basis

> Other than reading the 300 page servlet spec is there
> a quicker way to accomplish what I want.

My response told you exactly where to make the updates.

Regardless, the spec is an easy read (at least the 2.5 version is; 3.0 is a bit more difficult).

> Further, are you saying that use of
> catalina/localhost/vendoraDocs.xml
> is a tomcat only solution.

That file, and its contents, are unique to Tomcat.  Every container vendor has their own container-specific
mechanism for configuration items that are outside the spec.  This is exactly why <servlet>
mappings don't go in there, but rather in the spec-defined location.

> How do I best standup a set of vendor supplied HTML docs and
> files for browsing through tomcat. It is not worth setting up
> IIS for, as we already using tomcat for other purposes.

What you're doing is fine; just put the <servlet> declarations in the right place -
as documented in the earlier response.  Create a WEB-INF/web.xml file in the document tree
and have at it.

 - Chuck