tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: war file question
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:45:49 GMT
> From: Lava Saleem [mailto:lnsaleem@ualr.edu]
> Subject: Re: war file question

> Hi Martin,
> Thanks for the reply

Which, unfortunately, was largely irrelevant, and contained a serious flaw.

> I did what you told me I moved the html file into
> $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/filename and changed to *.jsp

Moving the file is correct, but don't change the extension - leave it as .html; it's not a
JSP.

> FAIL - File uploaded "handshake_testing.jsp" must be a .war

The above is not a Tomcat message, although it may come from some auxiliary app deployed under
Tomcat.  Exactly what were you doing when you got the message?

 - Chuck