tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject Webapp undeploy failure
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:13:10 GMT
Hello list,

Tried to do a bit of reading on this but the results have not come up. I am using version
6.0.26 on windows XP and all I am trying to do is undeploy (and delete from tomcat webapp
folder) one webapp which is deployed every time I start my tomcat instance.

Having started my instance I use the following http://localhost:8080/manager/undeploy?path=C:/path/to/webapp,
however I got the following error

FAIL - Context /wombra is defined in server.xml and may not be undeployed

Looking at server.xml I find that 'wombra' is the only webapp specified (I had 2 other apps
running, one of which has now been successfully undeployed). In this case this particular
webapp was built using Tapestry, is this possibly something to do with why I am getting the
undeployment failure?

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald
Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009